Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Watercolor Fun

When I was hanging out in Florida puppy sitting, I took lots of stamped images with me to watercolor so I had something creative to do.  I had lots of fun.  I have a huge stack of images already colored and also images that I drew and watercolored myself.

This little bird is an image that I colored nine of.  I have made all nine images into cards.  I feel good about it. 

I am entering the card into two challenges.  The first challenge is is CAS Watercolor where the challenge is to use cool colors.  My bird and background are cool colors. 


The second challenge is from Happy Little Stampers where the monthly CAS Challenge is Wings.  My bird does have wings.


The bird is stamped and water colored.  The background was done on a die cut rectangle of water color paper.  I blended two shades of oxide inks together to match the bird.  The sentiment was die cut from the same grey card stock used to mat the image and rectangle.


I really do like how this card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this plump bird! Beautifully colored, Barb, and a great layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Beautiful cool colours, gorgeous bird, great splash of colour across the background. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Chrissie said...

What a cute little bird... he looks as though he found a friendly garden to feed in!
Great colouring!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge!
Chrissie

Neets B said...

Love the colours you chose here, all the grey touches are great and I love the blend of teal across the card. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS CAS Challenge, Anita x