Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Playing Along With Several Challenges

I never seem to get around to playing with any of the challenges at Happy Little Stampers.  This month I am going to play along with the watercolor challenge - anything goes with optional twist of butterflies.


I am working on getting all my birthday cards for the remainder of 2018 done.  I even made a list and I keep remembering people who need to be on the list.  I even added the January people into the mix.

On this card I had my watercolor markers out doing another challenge so thought I would keep trying the technique of coloring your stamp with markers.  The stripes in the back are a stamp from Gina K Designs.  It was inked with a Tombow marker, spritzed with water, and repeat again and then just do a layer of water and let it all soak in.  The stripe stamp was stamped twice to fill the background.

The butterflies are die cuts cut from watercolor paper and they were colored by scribbling another Tombow marker on a mat and adding water.  Kept doing this until I got the bright pink shade I wanted.  I wrapped black thread around the middle to add a little black to the butterfly to tie in the black sentiment and mat.

The sentiment is from Altenew.  It was stamped with Black Onyx VersaFine Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.


I love the bright colors on this card.

I am also entering this card in the monthly challenge at House of Cards where the challenge is birthday related or the colors.  My card is birthday and I hit one of the colors.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Sue - said...

Pretty card, love the pink butterflies on the blue background.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a lovely card. Spritzing the markers really adds to the watercolour look. Love the colours. Thanks so much for joining our HLS Watercolour Challenge this month.

foleysfriend said...

Such a pretty card. Love how the pink butterflies just pop on your background. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

sue n.