Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Twofer - Same Stamp Two Ways

While out blog hopping, I cam across a new challenge blog to me.  It was something that sounded very interesting and a challenge to do.  We never use our stamps enough or use them in different ways - this challenge blog Twofer asks you to use the same stamp for two different occasions.

The challenge this month is to use a leaf stamp two different ways.


This week I made a paper therapy drive into Milwaukee and hit all the stores in the area.  Four stops for therapy and a friend went along - so it was a wonderful day.

One stop was to the Gina K store in historic Greendale, Wisconsin.  I love to pop into her store.  It is so open and airy and wonderful creations to motivate your mojo.  I bought a leaf stamp set.  (I love leaves as a subject for crafting.)

I am working on getting all my birthday cards made for the remainder of the year.  My brother in law has a birthday at the end of September and this is his card.

I smooshed the background in some watered down Gina K Ink.  I then stamped the leaf and little dots in a darker shade of ink.  I splattered the background with watered down darker ink and some gold spray.  The sentiment was stamped on more colored card stock.  A strip of gold vellum was added as a mat for the sentiment and this was popped up over the card front.



Unfortunately I needed a sympathy card for my cousin's family.   I made the background the same way.  The leaves were stamped in brown ink on more colored card stock.  I used my Scan N Cut to cut out the leaves.  I added some gold on top of the leaves with additional ink to deepen the color.
The sentiment was stamped on a strip of colored card stock and matted with dark brown card stock.  The same card stock was used to make the card base.  I took a length of gold metallic thread and bunched it up and when I adhered the bottom two leaves, that adhered the thread to the card base.  The third leaf was pop dotted on top.  The sentiment was also pop dotted.


Here is a close up of the leaves.


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you like my version of one stamp - two different occasions - a twofer.

6 comments:

Darnell said...

I love these warm autumn monochrome card designs, Barb! Your birthday card is a great manly design and your pretty leaf bouquet on your sympathy card will bring comfort. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9! We're glad you found us and hope to see you again! Remember next time to take a photo of both cards together for the gallery. In fact, you're welcome to do that now, delete your entry, and link up again! (Rules and FAQ tabs are at the top of the blog.) Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

How I wish I could visit the Gina K store, that would be fantastic. Your cards are just beautiful. I love the leaves stamped in brown. They look so authentic. Great entry.

Anita in France said...

Those rich autumnal colours are fabulous on both your designs, Barb ... there's a lovely translucency about those in the birthday background, which is fabulous with the vellum ... and what a warm, soft, leafy cluster for your sympathy card, it's sure to comfort the recipients. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous stamping and those leaves are so fitting for both of your occasions! I love that you made them your background on the birthday card, and the focal point on your sympathy card. How fun to have a day to craft shop in Milwaukee! Why have I never gone down there to do that?! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

AlisonC said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colours and the different designs. I like the idea of a paper therapy trip!

Jeanne H said...

Very lovely cards!