Tuesday, September 18, 2018

CAS Christmas Card

Once again I am playing along with the monthly challenge CAS Christmas.



I do not have many wreath stamps so I have been thinking how could I make this card.  I could have die cut something and used it but kept thinking.  The other day I was looking through my stamps for something and came across a stamp set from Gina K Designs.  No it is not a Christmas wreath but it is a wreath. 

I first stamped the poinsettia and masked it and then stamped the wreath around it.  I filled in with a branch from the wreath set in the open spots on the wreath.  I added some water to one of the inks and brushed it into the open leaves.  I got a nice look with different green tones for my wreath. 

After I had stamped the flower and wreath, I was rotating the image and decided I liked it with the flower a little off center on the bottom right corner.  I tried to place the sentiment a little more to the left to balance the stamped image. 

The sentiment is from another Gina K set and I stamped it in a dark brown ink.


Yay, one more Christmas card done. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Papercraft Boutique said...

Great use of the wreath stamp and masking, Barb! How clever to turned a leaf wreath into a Christmas wreath by adding a poinsettia! The red matting (coordinating with the poinsettia's color) is a really nice touch! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Your leafy wreath works perfectly for a Christmas design, Barb! Great way to stretch the use of your stamps. I do like the flower a little off-set ... makes it fun and artsy. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Christmas!

Trina P. said...

Way to stretch your stamp and use it all year round, Barb! You stamped the wreath beautifully. Adding the poinsettia is perfect to turn this into a Christmas wreath. Clever and creative. Thank you for joining in at CAS Christmas Wreath challenge. x

Bonnie said...

This stamp makes a fabulous Christmas wreath, Barb! I love the poinsettia instead of a bow! The perfect pop of color! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

I love wreaths & use them all for every season. Yours is gorgeous--love this card!