Sunday, September 2, 2018

CAS Mix Up September Challenge

I am trying the monthly challenge at CAS Mix Up September Challenge.  This challenge is to use markers on your stamp. 


I dug through my markers and found two options to use in this challenge.  I had Tombow markers and also Zig Clean Color markers.  I went with the TomBow because they had colors that would work with my Altenew leaf branch stamp.  I just added different colors to all the leaves and branch, spritzed with water (working on watercolor paper) and let it sit on the paper for awhile.  I then added more markers and water and let it sit.  I may have also just stamped a layer of water to make everything blend better together.  When I had my leaves nicely colored, I took the coordinating outline stamp and stamped with a light brown oxide ink color to bring the image to life.  This stamp set is from Altenew.

The Hello sentiment is from Gina K Designs.



Here is a close up of the leaves.  I believe the pink started out as a red marker.


Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Loll said...

The mix of colours on your leaves is so pretty, Barb!! Adding the brown outline really ground the image. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Such an artsy card and love the effect you have achieved with the fun technique. The colours you've used are wonderful and thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with this wonderful card x.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolor effect for your Fall leaves, Barb. Adding your stamped outline stamp really added dimension to your leaves. TFS and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful mix of colors on your leaves, Barb! Stamping again with the outline really makes them stand out! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Julia Aston said...

Your leaves are beautiful with the wonderful mix of all kinds of colors Barb! A lovely Hello card! thanks for joining us at the CAS Mix Up!