Thursday, September 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers September Mixed Media Challenge

It is September, time to get messy with a new Mixed Media Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.


I am always getting messy when I do mixed media.  Currently I have a ruined manicure with alcohol inks on the nails.  Good thing I am not too upset by these sort of things.

I normally make cards for my mixed media challenges but I have not played in my journal lately.  There are some blank pages in it and I would like to finish all the pages so this journal can be done.  I do have others to take it's place.

This page started with a book page that had gesso on it and then distress oxide inks.  It has been floating around on my work table so I decided it was time for it to be put to use.  I always keep pieces of paper laying around to mop up my oxide inks when I am playing.

This is a picture of the entire page (close ups are down further in the post).  The images were stamped on tissue paper, kinda messy cut out and adhered to the page with gel medium.  I added washi tape in three different spots on the page.  Black splatters were added to complete the page.


Here is a close up of the top part of the page.  You can see the washi tape in two spots, the words that are on the page and the brushes.  The words were at the bottom of the brushes on the stamp but I cut them off so they could be cut apart and used on the page on top of the brushes.


Here is the bottom of the page.  The little tubes of paint and the other area of washi tape.


The challenge was MESSY and I think I did achieve that on this journal page.  One page closer to completing this journal.

Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers September Mixed Media Challenge

Did I tell you there is a prize for one lucky participant?

No comments: