Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fall Foliage

Fall is a  favorite time to create for me because I love to use leaves, trees and the colors in my cards.

I needed a Congratulations card for a friend who is taking a new job out of state.  It is a man so it makes the task a little harder to do - luckily - fall foliage works good for a masculine card.

Lucky me - the current challenge at Inspired By is Fall Foliage.


This tree stamp I have had in my collection of stamps for many years.  I stamped it in dark brown ink on a background of oxide inks.  I then colored in just a few of the leaves to add some fall colors to the tree.  I did not want to overdo the color - I wanted my tree to shine.

The sentiment and die are from Simon Says Stamp.  I die cut the banner, laid it back in the cut out and put it in my Misti and stamped the sentiment.  Doing it this way makes it so much easier to get good alignment.

After everything was dry, I sprayed a light gold spray over the entire card front.


Here is a close up of the leaves.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day. 

1 comment:

Laurel said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for playing at Inspired By :)