Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Playing With Supplies - Rubbernecker Challenge #35

I was in Minnesota this last week end spending time with my creative friend Annie.  Three of us went to the Scrapbook Expo.  We all stimulated the paper/stamp/die industry very well.

One of the booths I enjoy visiting at the Expo is the Rubbernecker Stamp booth.  They have so many stamps and dies and fun stuff.  I am sharing two of my new stamps with you today.  The background is a floral type swirl and the birthday sentiment.

I based my card on the current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.


I used my distress oxides (yes - once again - I am using my distress oxides - I love them - what else can I say) to make my background.  I colored two pieces of Bristol smooth card stock.  One is light and one is darker to provide the two colors I needed for the sketch.

I also flipped the sketch.

I stamped the floral swirl in black VersaFine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.
The sentiment was stamped the same way on the darker paper and die cut with a circle die.  Another circle die was used to cut a mat for the sentiment.  The main part of the card was also matted with black.  A thin strip of the black and white stripe from My Favorite Things divides the two colors on the base.


Here it is in another color of distress oxide inks.


I am also entering it into the current challenge at Rubbernecker Stamps Challenge Blog where the current challenge is Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous cards! I love Oxide inks, too and you created such beautiful ethereal backgrounds. Those expos get me into economic stimulation, too! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kathy said...

I like what you have created...great job with the sketch

laurie said...

Beautiful! The background is so pretty. Sounds like you had a good time at the Expo!

Carol L said...

The dual colors are equally lovely on both cards! I love the Rubbernecker stamps at the Expos too and always spend so much time looking at everything they offer! So glad to have you joining us for the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Debbie said...

These are both absolutely beautiful!! I haven't tried oxide inks, but with what I'm seeing, I think I just need to go stimulate some industry, too. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

LOL, just doing out part to keep the economy going eh???? I love the way you thinK. :) Your cards came out beautiful, I like how you changed up the swirl placement - great idea. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Jenée said...

Very pretty cards. The colors are lovely, and they work so well with our sketch. Thank you for sharing them with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.