Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers June Mixed Media Challenge

It is time for another mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers. 


I personally love layers - many layers on my card - so this was a fun card to make.  I started with different layers of kraft paper.  The card base is kraft paper.  A dark brown card stock was used to to mat each layer to provide some contrast.

The first layer was painted with a blue metallic paint.  The same blue paint was brushed over the blue areas of the birds.  The next layer was kraft paper smooshed into distress oxide inks.  This is the first time I have used oxide inks on kraft paper.  I do like the look.  (I do apologize for not taking pictures of each layer.)  I used some embossing paste through a stencil for one more layer for my card.  Embossing paste absorbs the colors of the oxide inks. 

God metallic paint was added to the enter of the flowers to add some sparkle.  The bird image was foam mounted onto the oxide ink panel. Cream colored thread was added behind the image for another layer. 


Here is a close up of one corner of the card.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers and play along with our Mixed Media challenge

Did I tell you there are prizes?.

No comments: