Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hello Monkey

Many years ago I had a friend fight cancer and I started sending her a card every week.  For some reason I did lots of monkey cards because I wanted to make her smile.  Years later I had a student worker who also loved monkeys and her favorite color is orange.  I learned to love using orange in my card making from her.  She needs a little cheering up so hopefully this monkey brings a smile to her face.  (I am glad to use some of my collection of monkeys up - this applique patch is very well aged.)

The challenge at The Paper Players is Animal Antics (feature any animal).  My monkey is an animal.


I was cleaning up and trying to put all my backgrounds that I have made in one place and found this piece of bright orange/yellow/pink and the green piece.  I have no idea what medium was used to make these panels.

I did use distress oxide inks to color the base background.

The sentiment was die cut from a scrap of brown.  Luckily there was enough brown to mat the monkey piece and the orange piece.  I used a piece of scrap green card stock to mat the background.


Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to make a card and send it and make someone smile.

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

No monkey business here - this little chap is looking super cool and with that lovely bright background your card will be sure to cheer your friend when they receive it! Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!