Saturday, June 16, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch

I keep working on trying to improve on my Clean and Simple card making skills.

I do try to do the weekly sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch each week if time permits.  This sketch has all kinds of possibilities.


I am in love with this floral stamp from Ellen Hudson.  It was a little bigger than my card base but I trimmed the edges.

I stamped the image on Bristol Smooth card stock with VersaFine Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then colored it very loosely with watered down ink from Gina K Designs.  I started with with a very light color and then added a darker shade in the center on the flowers.  The leaves were painted with distress oxide ink.

The background was the same card stock smooshed in watered down ink. 

I added a small amount of tape to hod the floral piece on the card front and then used a rectangle die to cut through both layers.  The floral image has the same design cut element on it as the card front.  I then removed the floral design and added foam tape to it. 

The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine black onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  After everything was adhered, I added just a few sequins to the card.


I love this new sentiment stamp I bought at the Expo.  This card will be mailed to my daughter and son in law living in Alaska.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!