Saturday, April 28, 2012

Creative Saturday



Yeah it is Saturday and I am going to go play with my friend Mary - she started me on this road of cardmaking and we try to shop or play together.  We decided to forgo the shopping and work with some of our supplies and ideas.  We are taking the online card class on die cuts and the Silhouette so we are going to try and do some projects from that. 

I also wanted to come up with some card ideas for her - she needs to make some thank you notes for her daughter in law so thought I would make some easy ones.  By swapping out the sentiment on this card - it could be for any occasion.  I think this may be sent to my Mom the week of Mother's Day - she will like the butterflies - of course - it really should be pink.  Her favorite color.

This is an embossing folder from Sizzix I had never used yet (SHOCK).  I embossed it on watercolor paper (love the weight) and then I inked it an ink pad - used a sponge and rubbed it across the pad.  To make sure my mat would match - I just inked the edge of the same type of paper.  It is mounted on more watercolor paper and then a cardbase.  The sentiment is (I think) a dollar stamp I got from Michael's - it is on a wood block.  The sentiment is pop dotted.  I decided it needed just a little sparkle - and rubbed Stickles across the butterflies.  You can see that in the close up photo.

Have a wonderful day - I hope you get to be creative also.

1 comment:

John VanMulders said...

Beautiful job ... the glitter on the butterflies wings really makes the card pop!