Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Grateful

 Last week I made a canvas and fussy cut all these flowers and leaves from a paper pad.  After I had completed the canvas (it did turn out beautiful) I had leftovers so I decided to make some cards for fall.

I found a perfect background in my background box with yellow's and pinks on it so picks up the colors of the yellow flowers and the reddish leaves.  I thought it was a perfect backdrop for all the florals.  I did die cut some leaves out of gold card stock to add to the bouquet.  I laid all the florals on the card and then decided to add foam to the back of the large focal point.  The remainder of the flowers and die cuts were adhered directly to the background with glue.  The grateful is stamped on a piece of leftover paper.  I cut it to go across the card front and added a thin strip of gold cardstock to the bottom of the sentiment strip.  Gold Stickles was added to the center of the flowers to give a little sparkle.  I also used Wink of Stella (clear) on other parts of the floral image.  This card is A2 size.


This card is a 5 x 7 card.  I found a background in my background box that had the perfect yellow/orange colors to use as a backdrop for my floral design.  The card was made the same as the card above.  I only added the simple grateful sentiment to the card.  I am giving this to my doctors.  They are a husband and wife and they have been my doctors for many years.  I wanted them to know I am grateful for the care they have given me over the years.  I have a doctor appointment so I can hand deliver it.   


I am adding this to the wonderful cards at The Sisterhood of Crafters where the challenge is layers

I am also adding it to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the challenge is to Layer It Up.

 There are lots of layers on these two cards.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Oh Barb this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!