Sunday, October 18, 2020

Give Thanks - Another Fall Card

 I love to make fall cards and I really should be making Christmas cards because I do not have enough.  

I have a beautiful 6 x 6 pad from Prima that I bought this fall.  It is so lovely.  Last week I spent some time fussy cutting a bunch of images out of a piece of paper.  Today when I saw the new challenge at Sunday Stamps - a sketch - it said - use that beautiful Prima paper.  Who am I to ignore paper when it talks to you.

Here is the sketch.


The small images inside the square were the images I fussy cut.  I thought this paper asked to be distressed so I got out my little Tim Holtz distresser and went to town.  The two focal point images and the strip of black checked paper are layered with fun foam to give it some dimension.  I tied a dark brown bow around the strip of paper.  After I assembled my card, I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add sparkle to the focal point and to all the leaves in the background paper.  This was a fun card to make.


Thanks for stopping by.  


4 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, and country sweet, Barb - love your soft pink and crumb colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Barb, what a stunning shabby chic card! I can see why you fussy cut the focal images, they are so pretty and add to the overall theme of your gorgeous card. And I totally agree with you, sometimes the paper just tells you what path to go down. Always a pleasure to see you in the Sunday Stamps gallery, thanks for joining for this challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

Barb, this is gorgeous! I love shabby chic and the floral image is amazing! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful vintage card, and the fussy details really make the different. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.