Saturday, October 10, 2020

Crafty Friend Card

 I recently participated in a challenge in a private Facebook group for World Card Making Day.  The challenge was to make a crafty themed card for a friend.  

I made this card and sent it to the person who hosted the challenge.


I am entering the card in a new to me challenge blog where they do mixed media.  There are not many challenge blogs around any more for mixed media.  I love the fun of mixed media, the layers, the texture, oh ok, I love everything about mixed media.  The challenge blog is We Love to Create and their new challenge for this month is Anything Goes and I guess that is the theme each month.

My background for my card came out of my background box (anybody else have a shoe box full of backgrounds to be used sometime.  Well I used a piece from my box.  I cut it to card size.  I heat embossed the sentiment on the front of the card.  After I had done the heat embossing, I took a wonky circle stencil and used a darker blue oxide ink through the stencil.  I did the same with a line stencil.  After that, I took some clear glitter embossing paste and added it through the holes and lines.  I love the sparkle it adds to the card.  I added black splatters (I love splatters).  I cut the sentiment out with a circle die and also cut some fun foam to back the circle so it pops off from the background.  For a finishing touch I wanted to bring in a little more black so I added some different black washi tapes and then stapled some scraps of the background on top of the washi tape.

Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Irmelin Eriksson said...

Beautiful! Love your color choice. Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre