Saturday, August 31, 2019

Playing With A Sketch

I am trying to make some thank you notes for a non profit I am involved with so I used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my card layout. 

I flipped the sketch on its side and my flower represents the strip on the sketch.

 I am also placing it in the challenge at Addicted to Stamps which is Anything Goes.


At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the challenge this week is also Anything Goes.

I have been trying to put my crafting area back together.  It had exploded all over my house with lighting and eye issues.  I believe all that has been solved now thanks to cataract surgery and a nice visit from an electrician with new lights and more plug ins.  Oh happy day.  But I digress.  As I am picking up I am finding all these backgrounds I have made.  I am putting them in one box.  I almost have a photo box from Michaels filled with backgrounds.  This is where the pieces came from for this card.  Unfortunately I really have no idea how I made this background - I am thinking it is distress oxides and it has also been dry embossed.  The other pieces are just pieces with a light blue ink on them. 

I have a new floral die and have die cut quite a few of these flowers.  If you look back, you can see a few more cards using this flower on them.

The thank you is from Rubber Necker Stamps.


Thanks for stopping by.  I need to go make another card using backgrounds I have on hand.  I may be busy for a year. 

3 comments:

Kim S said...

The background is wonderful!! There is so much interest in it, it's perfect with the bold sentiment and single flower. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous card ! Your background is just stunning and perfect to highlight this beautiful die cut. A lovely CAS card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Super cute! I love your creative use of the sketch! Your colors are beautiful! Thanks so much for celebrating with us at Freshly Made Sketches!