Saturday, August 31, 2019

Happy Little Stampers September Watercolor Challenge

Hard to believe that September is here.  In our area of the world, the kiddos start back to school next week.  Pretty soon it will be snowing.  UGH.

The watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers for the Month of September is Anything Goes with the optional twist of tropical.



I do not have too much in my supplies that are tropical but I did remember I had this flamingo stamp from Whipper Snapper Stamps.  It is wood block stamp but I removed it from its block and used it in my Misti (the best tool ever invented for the stamper). 

I stamped it on watercolor paper and used my Cut and Scan to cut it out.  I used a new watercolor set I recently bought which was a very inexpensive one at JoAnn's.  It had some pretty colors in it.  The flamingo is several different colors of pink. 

I was having difficulty deciding on a background for my flamingo.  I believe I went on Pinterest and was just looking at cards and saw one that had stripes painted on the background.  I picked three tropical colors from the watercolor set and painted on my stripes.  Each stripe has several layers of the same color on it to give a bright bold stripe.  On two of the stripes I added clear glitter embossing paste through a stencil. 

One of my original ideas was to use tropical leaves so I had cut several leaves with my Silhouette and colored them.  I used two of the leaves to ground my flamingo.  I die cut the sentiment from some black cardstock.

I needed a birthday card in October for my great niece so I am hoping she likes Ms. Flamingo.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our September Watercolor Challenge

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Let's not talk about snow yet, okay? :D Especially when we're in tropical mode - what a fun flamingo! Love the bright background for her (?) too. Such a happy card!

Ina G said...

Love the background for that ever so lovely flamingo. Like how you have her standing on that leaf.

Sue - said...

Love that flamingo and the bright stripes make a brilliant background.

BożenA said...

What an amazing card with a great sense of humor. Great designed and wonderful colors
hugs,
BożenA