Sunday, August 4, 2019

August Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

As always, the challenge is Anything Goes with an optional twist of using Jingle Bells.


Would you believe I had no Jingle Bells so I did Anything Goes.  I went with a mixed media Christmas card (I actually make 12 of  these).  I had bought the kraft  reindeer on clearance - a package has around 20 in it so I can make a few more cards or tags.  The background is distress paint loosely painted on white paper.  I then added cream colored glossy embossing paste through a stencil.  Brown heavy duty thread and gold thread provided the backdrop for the reindeer.  The sentiment was die cut from dark brown card stock.  Gold watercolor was splattered across the front of the card.


Here is the close up of the reindeer, paint, embossing paste and thread.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our August Christmas challenge.

5 comments:

laurie said...

Love the background you created! awesome card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a creative, arty card Barb - love the background and the thread looks really good. How great that you mass-produced to add to your stash too!
Hugs
Carol x

Bobby said...

What a great way to display the deer head, Barb.

BożenA said...

A beautiful combination of colors. All the details make up the beauty of this card. I love the golden thread, beads and a gentle splash.

Sue - said...

Gorgeous background!