Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers November Mixed Media Challenge

How did it become November?  The Mixed Media Challenge at Happy Little Stampers for November is Birds.

I am still working on getting all my birthday cards done for the remainder of 2018 and this will be a birthday card for my sister.


This bird image (stamped and colored) has been floating around my design table for a couple years so I decided to finally make it into a card.  Thank you HLS for motivating me to use this image.  The base for the image is several layers of book pages glued together and then a layer of gesso on top.  The image was stamped in black and heat embossed.  I believe it was colored with inktense pencils.
I then fussy cut out the stamped image.

The background for my card is another sheet of book paper, layer of gesso and then pink paint scraped over the top.  I had cleaned up the paint on my work surface with a baby wipe.  I dried it, tore it into strips and added it to the pink background so it added a little texture to the background.  I added some texture paste through a circle stencil in several parts of the card.  This piece of black acetate in upper right corner floated to the surface also so I used it on my card.  I added some glitter washi tape, some black polka dot fabric and thread to finish the card design.  The sentiment was stamped on another piece of pink book page.  The sentiment and bird image were pop dotted.


Here is a close up of the top of the card.


Here is a close up of the bottom of the card.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our November Mixed Media Challenge

Did I tell you there is a prize for one lucky entrant?

1 comment:

K M Meena Herale said...

Wonderful work,
hugs xx
Meena