Sunday, April 26, 2009

10 Little Monkeys Jumping ....



on the bed ..... do you remember your kids singing that song - I can remember my youngest doing it with the neighbor boy Kyle - every time I hear that song I think of the two of them playing together. Fun memories. I watched Kyle when they started kindergarten and put him on the bus for several years after that. I think he now has 3 or 4 kids - I wonder if they sing that song.
I have started sending cards weekly to a friend who is going through a very rough time in her life and for some reason - we have a monkey theme - I think I am going to be amazed how many monkey stamps I have. But at least they will be inked - if they have never been inked before. I know she will appreciate them.
This card is based on the sketch at Taylored Expressions - she has a sketch challenge each Friday. Very fun sketch this week. I even have the inside finished and I am even going to address the envelope so it can go in the mail next week.
Stampendous stamp
Stamped with Memento Ink (brown)
Colored with Copics
The center of the flower says thank you so we hid that with a flower.
Paper - Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket
Everyone have a good end of the week end - I still have laundry, housework, etc. to do - I also need to get a card made for a baby shower on Tuesday so want to get that done tonight - I have everything picked out in my head.

1 comment:

Ivanka said...

This is a wonderful stamp and you are getting so good at coloring!! Beautiful card and such a nice thing you are doing for your friend.