Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Watercolor Birthday Card

 I am joining the current challenge at AAA Cards.  The current challenge is a sketch with the optional twist of watercolor.



A couple weeks ago I colored a new floral image.  After I had water colored the image, I decided I wanted to color in the background.  After I colored the background with a very light grey, I did not really like it so there it sat.  It has been haunting me every time I went to the design table (or some would say the messy table).  

When I saw the sketch challenge from AAA Cards, I thought maybe I could cut the image down.  Pick out the part I liked the best.  I took a square die and auditioned different parts of the water colored image.  I found a part I liked and used the square die.  I did mat it with black.  In my supplies was this grey card base and it really worked well with the grey in the background of my image.  I heat embossed a sentiment to the card base and I now have one more card for my birthday project.


Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Jane said...

Beautiful floral image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!