Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hello - Happy Birthday

 I found time this week to play along with the current Tic Tac Toe Board at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  

I am working on cards for my "Birthday Card Project".  This project is to make birthday cards for the nursing home where my mother resided.  They took such good care of her and I wanted to give back to the community there.

This is the current board at Tic Tac Toe.


I chose to do the diagonal row:  Flowers, word die cut and stencil.  

When I travel I take along water coloring with me.  I stamp off images ahead of time and then it gives me something creative to do while I am vacationing.  My day is not complete if I don't do some type of creating.  This floral image was already colored in my box of images ready to be used.

I took a new stencil I had and laid it on top of the panel.  I used a very light pink oxide ink to stencil the design around and among the flowers.  I faded the pink color out to the edges.  This makes the background so much prettier than white.

I already had the happy birthday sentiment stamped so I just needed to die cut the word hello.  I stacked the hello three times.  The top layer is a shiny black card stock.


Here is a close up of the stenciling.


Thanks for stopping by.  


2 comments:

Betty said...

such a pretty card, Barb - I have to have creative time every day too - thanks for joining in my TTT challenge this week - Betty

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Barb, what a lovely card and great idea :). There is one lucky recipient out there who would love having this to look at and enjoy. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge.