Thursday, February 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers February Christmas Challenge

It is February - so time for a new monthly Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge for this month is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Berries.  


I decided I wanted to use the leaf and berries die from My Favorite Things.  I die cut many pieces out of watercolor paper and colored the leaves with various shades of green and the berries with shades of red.  I also knew I wanted to make it look like a wreath.  I taped two circle dies together and cut out the circle shape.  I cut it from several layers of gold card stock to give it a little dimension.  I figured out the layout and then using my Misti stamped and heat embossed my sentiment before gluing the gold circle in place.  I believe the bow die is from Tim Holtz.  I layered the leaves on top of each side of the bow and tucked the berries in between some leaves.

I did have a hard time finding a background when I started planning this card.  I found this blue one in my box of backgrounds and for me it worked perfectly.  The card base is made from a navy card stock.  

After the card was all assembled, I added gold splatter to complete it.



Here is a close up of the wreath, sentiment, bows, leaves and berries.


Here is a close up of the berries.  You can see the different layers of color.  I also added some red Stickles to the berries to give them some shine.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our February Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, Barb - I love this beautiful wreath! You have coloured the foliage and berries beautifully and the gold wreath is gorgeous. Love the splatters too.
Hugs
Carol x

Sue - said...

Very festive card Barb. Love the background.