Sunday, February 28, 2021

Mixed Media Christmas Card

 I love to play with Mixed Media.  I love layers of messy paints, inks, gels, papers, stamping - it is fun to bring it all together into a creative happening.  So, when I saw the challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown  was Mixed Media, I had to play along.  


My card started by making some panels to stamp my snowman on.  I used the baby wipe paint swipe method.  You put a little dab of paint on a diaper wipe and swipe it across your card stock.  I did a block style so I could get an assortment of colors on my panel.  Luckily there was enough paper left to stamp a sentiment and mat for the sentiment.

I heat embossed the snowman on the panel and die cut with a rectangle die.  I then used a stencil and put clear glitter embossing gel around the snowman.  This represents snowflakes falling.  I dry embossed a panel from white card stock in a snowflake patter.  I die cut a snowflake out of a white shimmer card stock to add another depth of color to the card.  Everything was added to the card base.
I love how I was able to get so many of the colors used in the sentiment circle and the circle mat.  

I made two of these cards and they will go to people living in warm climates who probably really are not missing a white Christmas.


Thanks for stopping by.  I can happily say our snow is slowly melting.  It was almost 50 yesterday and I had the front door open for some fresh air.

3 comments:

Goga said...

Fantastic snowman. Love the motif and rainbow colours. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT, Goga

Lucinda said...

Wonderful card, I love the contrast of tropical colours and the snowy theme. It is so bright and cheery. The variety of materials used build up so much detail and interest! Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the non traditional colours! Cute snowman and great texture! Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT:)