Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wanderlust - Week 6

 It is week 6 of Wanderlust and our classes for the month are on ephemera.  The artist leading the group this week was Kristin Peterson.  

Here are my two interpretations on the different styles she discussed.  One area dealt with junk journals - and this is the page I created.  It was all leftovers from different projects, etc.  

This is in my journal and I am trying to complete all the pages.  There was a background on this page done with leftover spray inks.  I put a layer of gesso over the background to make it meld together.  I assembled my "junk" and made this layout.  I tried to have a flow between the two groups.  The stars flow through the page.  I then stamped the little stars and added the sentiment to complete the page.  


Here is a close up of one of the groupings.


This is the second project I did.  I first put a layer of gesso on the page and then adhered ephemera all over the page.  There was a flow of pieces and they connected.  After this was completed I got out some high flow acrylics and added them to the page.  I first added the pink and then the teal.  I wiped lots of it off.  I then used a black acrylic and stenciled on the heart.  I added the lines on the bottom through a stencil and the color ran through so that is why it is smudged (happy accident).  I added a smudge in the other corner and then put black around the edge.

I may go back and add black splatter and a title.


Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Deb said...

Love your journal pages Barb especially the teal, pink and black page, so striking and I agree that the bleed through on your stencil was a happy accident. Adding the 'smudge' in the upper left was perfect to balance it out! Deb xo