Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wanderlust - Week 8

 This week in Wanderlust our instructor was Renee Rodriguez Mueller.  Our lesson was on layering our papers.  

I spent the morning coffee dyeing different papers so I would have the same basic color theme in my papers.  My pages smell quite lovely.

The greenish/reddish paper I used is a piece of background paper I had in my supplies.  I took a suggestion from Kate Crane (last week's instructor) to copy some of your original papers so you could use them in your journals.

I first added a layer of gesso and acrylic paint to my two pages.  The color was a little too something so I just took the coffee I had been using and slathered it across my pages to give in a more brownish tone.  I used some green acrylic paint and added some color to several corners.

Here are both pages.


Here is the right page - I drew a leaf which links the two pages together.  I used my Inkintense pencils to add some color to the leaf.  The bottom embellishment is book paper, some fabric, dyed cheesecloth and an old piece of canvas I had in my supplies.  I used DMC floss to hand stitch it all together.  I added a piece of the patterned paper and also a small strip of the alphabet paper.


Here is the left page.  There is a layer of the copied background paper, alphabet paper which was coffee dyed, a flap of an envelope which was coffee dyed - (I like the odd shape it adds to the collage),  a piece of fabric, coffee dyed cheesecloth, a strip of canvas and all hand stitched together.  I cut the leaf out of the paper.

I used gel medium to glue everything down.  The edges of everything are loose so there is added texture.


This was a fun lesson.  I have always liked playing with layers of paper.  

I am entering this into the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  The challenge this week is anything but a card.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: