Saturday, February 20, 2021

Text Me Christmas

 I try to find different challenge blogs to play along with so I can get some cards made.  They provide the incentive or push with an idea and then I interpret it.

This time I am playing with the current challenge at Jingle Bells.  Their challenge is to use "text" in your Christmas card.  I chose to use a large sentiment stamp I had purchased recently.  I think it is from The Stamp Market.  I am in the basement - the stamp is upstairs.  I am lazy.



Both of these cards started with backgrounds from my background box.  I got smart one day and put all my backgrounds together in a box.  It is so nice to thumb through them and grab one to use.  The first background is a clean up sheet (I think).  I believe the second one is from a dry colored powder you sprinkle on your paper and then spray with water.  You don't always know what you did to make a background.  The sentiments were embossed in gold embossing powder.  I die cut the image and added a gold mat.  It was all added to a kraft card base.

Yay - two more Christmas cards done.  

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

A great way to use those backgrounds. Wonderfully done!

SmilynStef said...

love the large holdiay sentiment ... so glad you joined our TEXT-y Christmas at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, what a great way to feature that bold sentiment and just flat out beautiful cards by any standard!! so pleased you could join our TEXTY fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥