Thursday, February 25, 2021

Happy Birthday Mixed Media Card

 I am working on birthday cards for my "Birthday Project" (cards for a nursing home).  I saw a video from Carissa Wiley where she painted on kraft paper.  

I got out some pink acrylic paint, cut some kraft card stock and painted away.  I then stamped the Dina Wakely floral stamp with a brown ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I painted the image with more of the pink paint and then came in with my pink inkinstense pencils to add deeper shades of pink.  I painted the leaves with some green acrylic paint.  After the paint was dry I added some white highlights with my Posca pen.  I die cut a rectangle from my painted panel.  I mounted the rectangle to a kraft card base.  I did add a few layers of paper behind the rectangle to give a little dimension.  I added a brown die cut sentiment to finish the card.  No I finished the card with some black splatters.

I am entering the card into the following two challenges.

Addicted to Stamps where the challenge is Any Occasion.  

Sisterhood of Crafters where the challenge is Anything Goes.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Oh Barb this is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!