Saturday, February 6, 2021

Beautiful Floral Birthday

 In the midst of cold weather, it is nice to have some beautiful new floral stamps to create with.  They give us hope that spring will arrive probably later than sooner.  

I am playing along with the monthly challenge at The Flower Challenge where the challenge is to use your latest stamps and dies.

The stamp I used is a new one from the brushstroke line from Penny Black.  It was a learning experience and I am going to do more experimentation with it.  I used some new inks and  they may not be the best for this technique.  After I had done my stamping and was not overly happy with the results, I took out a water brush and tried to even out some of the ink in the leaves and flowers.  I then added some pen lines with my black fine liner and a white gel pen.  I finished the card with some splatters.  From all of this the card took on more of a mixed media vibe.  


On this image, do you see the boo boo made with running ink.  It is amazing what a strategically placed sentiment will cover up.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

This is such a pretty card, I love the colour you used for the blooms and yes I know all about using sentiments and gems to hide those little boo boos that happen. Watercolour is all about trial and error as is layering inks when stamping. Beautiful design and so glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge xx Aileen Design Team