Thursday, February 18, 2021

Using a Quote

This week the challenge at Inspired By is to use a quote on your card, use the sketch or use a quote on the sketch - I chose to use the quote.  

I recently got a new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I love leaves and trees and have quite a few in my collection.  This lovely stamp set had a quote also with it.  The quote "Friendship is a sheltering tree" is by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.  


I used the ink smooshing technique to make a sky - grass background.  I stamped the tree in dark brown ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.    I die cut the panel and matted it with dark brown before adding to a kraft card base.  The sentiment was heat embossed on kraft card stock.


I think this will be a prototype for a birthday card project I am working on,  It is hard to make masculine cards and this tree card will be a great one.

Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

Danni Reid said...

Your smooshing technique created a beautiful sky for your sheltering tree, love your quote and idea to use this design for a masculine card too. Thank you for inspiring us this week @IB!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful CAS design! The sentiment and smooshing technique are wonderful! Thank you for joining us!

Erica said...

Absolutely love this!

I Card Everyone said...

Why, this could be the 100 Acre Wood tree! Thanks so much for joining us at IB this week!
=]