Thursday, October 31, 2019

November Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

It is November - time for a new watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

The challenge this month is "Anything Goes" with the optional twist of animals.


I am trying to still finish the birthday cards I need for the remainder of 2019.  This birthday card is for my son in law who lives in Alaska.  He always gets a birthday card with a moose on it.  I wonder if he realizes this. 

The moose stamps is from Whimsy Stamps. I stamped it in dark brown ink and colored with Distress Oxide Inks.  I think the coloring turned out pretty good.  There are many shades of brown oxide inks in that moose. 


Here is a close up of the moose.  I added a little light blue to the sky.  I kept it very light because I did want the moose to be the star of the birthday card.  I added a simple sentiment.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our November watercolor challenge

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'd say the colouring of your moose is terrific! What a great birthday card.

Pat said...

I like how you colored the moose too .... nice card!

Ina G said...

Amazing colour depth on that moose Barb. Love the scene you created and I am sure your son in law loves all his moose cards.

Sue - said...

Beautiful colouring on the moose!

Helen said...

Super colouring on your moose and the clever scene you have created, Barb! With the frames it looks like a painting on the wall.