Thursday, October 24, 2019

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

I am trying to make some birthday cards for a friend.  She has a friend who is trying to give birthday cards to all the residents in a nursing home.  This is a big task and Shari asked my Facebook card group if we would like to help her friend out.  My goal is to send her 10 cards. 

In our group, we all do cards for different groups and try to help each other out.  Many of us met through Operation Write Home so we are used to donating cards to good causes.

The current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches helped me design this card. 


Last week end I was stamping and coloring this flower and did some extras on small pieces of paper.  The background was first dipped in a distress oxide ink to add some color/depth to white card stock.  The image was stamped and then colored with distress oxide inks.

When I trimmed the piece, I had a small piece of colored card stock that I could stamp the sentiment on.  I embossed the white background which is put on a card base which came in a pack from Michael's.  I am trying to bring out the shades of purple.


The challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More is Clean and Simple


The Sisterhood of Crafters has a challenge of Clean and Simple.

Thanks for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed CAS card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is simply delightful! I know it will be so appreciated too. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the simple beauty of a single flower! Lovely card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card! Love that purple flower and the pretty embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Nandini said...

I love this beautiful and elegant card. The embossed panel looks really great. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges!

Katy McGloin said...

Such a lovely birthday card that anyone would appreciate! And the tones of purple were brought out well. Thanks so much for sharing your card with the Sisterhood of Crafters "CAS" challenge this week!! Hope to see you again in our gallery!