Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mixed Media Journal Page

I follow a young lady on Facebook and Instagram by the name of Marta Lapkowska.  She is a wonderful artist.

She has started a new challenge which is a journal page each week.  There are always prompts to kickstart your creativity. 

This is my page for the first week.  The prompts were butterfly, thread, circles, stamping and I do not remember what else.

I started with a piece of mixed media paper which I gessoed and painted a light teal.  I added strips of patterned paper which had a touch of orange in it and used this as my accent color.  The butterfly was heat embossed on vellum and added the orange on the top.  I added gesso and orange paint to the strips of patterned paper.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz chipboard collection.  Black thread was added behind the butterfly.  Black splatters finished the page.



Here is a close up of the butterfly.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


It feels good to do mixed media.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: