Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Just Because You Are My Friend

I do struggle when making CAS (clean and simple) cards.  I try to do challenges to see if I can become better at this style.  It is usually a much easier card to mail - just saying - 18 layers adds a little extra postage to an envelope especially if it is mailed to Canada or overseas.

I like to do the challenge at CAS Mix Up Card Challenge because it lets me incorporate some mixed media and try to make it CAS. 


The card also can be used for the current challenge at Paper Players where the theme is friends.  The card is being sent to a very dear friend who send me some beautiful stamps for my birthday.  She is a person I met on the internet through our mutual love of card making and we have been able to spend time together and have lots of fun creating and maybe just a little shopping. 


The challenge at CAS Mix Up was to use the baby wipe method.  I watched a few videos and this is the card I created.  I took photo paper and dipped it into several different colors of distress oxide inks to make my background.  I then stamped my bird (a new Penny Black stamp) in a darker shade of distress oxide ink and let it dry.  After the stamped image was dry, I took a baby wipe and you wipe off the oxide finish and your background and stamped image become bright.  I die cut out the image and then with the remaining background I was able to die cut my sentiment.  I really had to manuever my paper to get the sentiment.  For the background of  the card, I dipped the white cardstock into a light pink distress oxide.  After it dried, I added a layer of clear glitter gel paste through a stencil to ground my image.  The image is mounted on fun foam to add some dimension.  The sentiment was glued to the bottom of the card.



Here is a close up of the bird and you can see the light pink background with the clear glitter gel over the top.  I am really liking adding this clear glitter gel to cards.  I think I had better buy another jar.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day. 

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What pretty colors in your baby wipe background and the bird is amazing, Barb! Love the sparkly stenciling in the background and the soft pink! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and trying this fun baby wipe technique!

Windy Ellard said...

Great background for the bird with the baby wipe tech and the letters, too. Sweet card! Thanks for playing along with the theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week.

Mac Mable said...

Great colour combination of the oxides and what a fabulous technique. Loving the design of your card and yes the glitter embossing paste looks so pretty and adds another delicate layer to your beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up Challenge with your wonderful card x.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Barb!! Love your lovely stamped bird over the gorgeous background. It really shines with the baby wipe removing the chalky finish. Your background is gorgeous with the soft pink and the stenciling with glitter paste. So sparkly! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely card...such a fun technique and pretty little bird, but even nicer, that it is going to your special friend! She will love it! Thanks for sharing this at the Players this week!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a lovely background for the bird. Adding the embossing glitter paste through the stencil added a sweet touch to the card.