Thursday, May 9, 2019

Bear Hugs

This card is for the CAS Watercolor Challenge.  The challenge is to make a card for a child using watercolors. 


This card could be posted for an oldie moldie Monday post (I try to post a card every Monday using old supplies).  The stamp is from Fun Stampers Journey.  I stamped it in a brown ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The bear was colored with distress inks.  I then die cut the bear using a circle die.  I fussy cut the sentiment.

I decided to use a kraft colored card base to pick up the browns of the bear.  I added a strip of the stripe patterned paper (this paper is older than dirt).  I like how the card turned out.


I will start a new box for the foster home I make children cards for. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this sweet card too, Barb! It's going to make some little boy or girl a treasure! Your bear is colored beautifully and I like that paper even if it is "older than dirt". Still works! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Adorable bear, Barb. Great colouring and I love the soft colours of the background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Very sweet card, love the soft tones of the bear.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge this month!
:) Karen