Sunday, April 14, 2019

Hello Friend

I have been wanting to play along with the watercolor challenge at CAS Watercolor Card Challenge this month.  The challenge is poppy.  My Mom had all these beautiful poppies that grew around her little building in her yard.  They were so beautiful when they were all blooming.  I have tried to grow them and I have one poppy plant that lives.  I get a couple blooms.  I do wish they would spread.  I do digress - but because of her poppies - I wanted to play along with the challenge.


I have several poppy stamps and the first one I found was this stamp by Gina K Designs.  It is a small set with this image and three or four small sentiments.

I stamped it in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then colored the poppies with a Gina K ink - this color of red - is to me a true red.  My color did pop outside the lines a couple times so I am calling this loose watercolor.  I rubbed some clear glitter in the center of each flower.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed also.  I die cut the floral panel and then die cut another panel slightly larger in the same white.  I added a strip of black cardstock between the two layers.  On the card front I added a strip of black and white stripe from My Favorite Things.  I think those two touches of black add depth to the design but it still stays CAS.


Thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully soon our flowers will start growing and then we will see beautiful blooms. 

3 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful watercoloured poppies, Barb. Always wonderful when you have joyful memories when making a card. Your layout and design is very creative and beautiful. I love the double white panels with the black strip in the middle, and more black stripes down the side. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

Barb, these red poppies are gorgeous! I love loose watercoloring and the touches of black really make them stand out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a beautiful and classy design. Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS Watercolour Challenge.