Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Happy Little Stampers May Watercolor Challenge

It is time for a new watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  As always the challenge is Anything Goes with an optional twist.  This month the optional twist is "happy."  How will you interpret happy.


My "happy" is the word in my sentiment.  This is a card I will send to my niece for mother's day.  She very nicely shares her children with me and and lets me be a part of their lives.  This means so much to me since I have not grandchildren.

I chose to die cut a large Tim Holtz cover die out of watercolor paper.  I received a Gemini Jr. for Christmas and it cut the watercolor paper like butter.  It is so nice not to have to crank and crank to cut a large die like this.  I watercolor the top die cut with distress inks.  This is what I brought on vacation to color with.  Several layers of color were added to achieve the color I wanted.  After everything was dry, I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to add glitter to the bird and flowers.

I glued three die cuts together to get some depth to the image.  They were glued to a background which I had lightly colored with oxide ink.  A navy blue mat completes the layout.

The sentiment was generated on the computer on cardstock which I had colored with the same oxide ink.  I cut it apart and added it to the largest flower with foam tape.



Here is a closer view of the bird and some of the leaves and flowers.


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our May watercolor challenge, I would love to see how you interpret "happy."

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So pretty the way you've coloured this! I'm sure your niece will love it.

Ina G said...

Beautifully coloured dies here Barb. So bright and beautiful. The Gemini Jr is on my wish list - maybe one day!

BożenA said...

I admire the accuracy with which you applied color to the cut out background. This card looks wonderful and your niece will be very happy.
BożenA xoxo