Thursday, August 23, 2018

Doing Another Sketch Challenge

I try to play along with a couple sketches a week.  Sometimes my schedule allows it and sometimes not.  This week I am home and have some time so was able to play along.  Of curse it helped because I had the elements made already from a different project. 

In a private card making group we are celebrating a birthday so we are having challenges all month.  One challenge was to make a card that was inspired by something other than a card.  I had a gift bag I had received and I loved the colors so I did a background using a stencil and those colors.

Here is the gift bag.


Here is the colored piece I made with a stencil and oxide inks.


This week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

The stamp set for the leaves is a Fun Stampers Journey set.  I colored paper in the same colors as I used on the stenciled design piece.  They were stamped in a dark brown ink and die cut.

The background was colored with one of the distress oxide colors used in the leaves.  I do have a problem using a plain white background.  I cut a small strip of the paper and adhered to the card front.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs.  The top leaf was pop dotted on top of the two in the background.


I still have more leaves to use and more of  that colored paper.  I guess I should find another design to use.

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your stenciling is beautiful! Love the cards! Glad you joined us at FMS,

Amy O said...

Beautiful colors and pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love that stencilled banner you've created! Beautiful colours! Love those leaves too! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

martyzstamps said...

Cute card!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how you incorporated the colors of the gift bag into your card using that geometric stencil. It looks great with your not-plain-white background! And those leaves are a fun accent. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!