Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

How did it become December and time for another Mixed Media Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.    It is one of your favorite challenges - Anything Goes.


This time of the year you are always in need of more Christmas cards.  I have found an easy way to make a great looking card is to use the images from napkins.    I had one napkin with this snowman on it.  He is such a cute little guy.


I remove all the layers of the napkin until I just have a single ply of the image.  I adhere the image to card stock with gel medium or modge podge.  I mat the image with brown card stock and then stitch around the edge of the image.

The card is made on a kraft base.  I used a white patterned paper and stitched it to a brown mat.  A strip of patterned plaid paper was added across the top with another touch of red added underneath the plaid paper.  This was sewed onto to the white patterned paper.I had a new snowflake stencil that was crying to be used so I obliged.  The texture paste has a gritty texture to it.  I added a texture paste snowflake on the snowman image also.

I tied a brown twine bow on the card front.  A stamped sentiment was added to a die cut circle.  The image and sentiment were adhered with pop dots.

Here are a couple close ups of different parts of the card.





Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for the December Mixed Media Challenge of Anything Goes.  

1 comment:

Bibi Cameron said...

hello there lovey! I have good news for you. congratulations!!! You won Simon Says Stamp! Diecember blog hop giveaway!! Hooray. thank you so much for your kind comment and participating. x many hugs Bibi

check out how to claim your prize here:http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/page/2/