Thursday, June 15, 2017

Traveling Art Journal - May 2017 - Canvas Corp

I am participating in a Traveling Art Journal with fellow designers from the Canvas Corp Design Team.  We have two groups.  If you wish to see what Group 1 did with their journals for the month of May, just check this link out.

Here is my completed journal for the month of May.  I used the Mixed Origins paper for my focal images of shoes.  The beautiful lace like trim was part of the design on the paper also.  I did not let any of this beautiful paper go to waste.


Here is a close up of one page.  I am trying to embrace my hand writing and use it in my journaling.


Here is a close up of the other page.


Here are some pictures of the steps I used to complete my layout.
I colored the page with some Tattered Angels mist.


I fussy cut the shoes and lace from the paper.


I used a glimmer paste I had to add some shine to my shoes.



I added some silver embossing paste in the corner of each page.


I then used a darker shade of mist to add more color to the page.



I adhered the shoes and lace with gel medium and added my title for the page.  A few embellishments were added to the page to give it some more sparkle.

The Tattered Angel products I used are as follows:
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Patina
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist Paint - Teal High Heel
Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins - High Heels

If you want to see what everyone else has created, pop on over to the Canvas Corp Brands blog and check them out.    

This is a fun experience and I will be so excited when I get my journal back when it has made its trip around the world.

No comments: