Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011




Good Sunday morning - today I must do laundry, dishes, get some groceries, etc - an entire work week - I haven't worked one of those for several weeks - reality returns in 2011. Plus it is a very busy time at work so no time to sit back - full steam ahead. I like being busy at work but not so busy that you don't know what to do first.

I spent some time creating yesterday. I have some birthday cards that needed to be made. I have one more to do for the month of January and I may get that one done today. If I get that one done - then I can start working on cards for Operation Write Home - my goal for the new year is one card a day - I may not get a card made each day - but hopefully 7 in a week. If you have extra supplies around, please make some cards for Operation Write Home. Just make sure you stop over and read the do's and don'ts of cardmaking for OWH.

My card today is for one of my son in laws - both son in laws have birthdays in December - that is a bad time of the year for a cardmaker - and of course who works ahead - maybe that should be a goal for next year. I bet both of them would be in shock if they got a birthday card near their birthday. I always have to send Chris his birthday card in the early part of January because his wife's birthday is January 7 - so he needs his card first. Come back tomorrow to see Staci's birthday card.

Chris's card is based on a sketch from Unscripted Sketches (you can use any of their sketches from 2010 this week - this card is based on sketch 35). I also found a new challenge site yesterday when I was blog hopping - it is called City Crafter Challenge Blog and their challenge this week is stamping. This truck stamp is one of my favorites - one color stamping - no coloring - easy peazey.

Everyone have a great Sunday - I hope you find some time to be creative today.

Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 5.5
Paper: Bo Bunny
Stamp: Cornish Heritage Farms (no longer in business)
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Brads: Creative Imaginations

8 comments:

StephC said...

Very nicely done! Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined US this week!!

Unknown said...

nice card! Love that image, perfect for a "man" card

Ros said...

So glad you found us ... beautiful card and beautifully stamped ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Unknown said...

What a perfect card for any man. So glad you played along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Such a fabulous masculine card!
Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful masculine card, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

dstandard said...

What a cool guy card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Becky Garrison said...

Great card for a guy, but I really LOVE that truck! Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!