Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Monday Evening


Good Monday evening - I hope everyone had a wonderful week end. We celebrated my Mom's 91st birthday. It was a nice family gathering and lots of good food. We even made her bake the pies for the party. She can still make a wonderful apple pie and berry pie. My brother had picked the blackcaps in his woods this summer and then Mom made the pie and froze it. Yum Yum. She makes her pies and bakes them just like you were going to eat it, cools it and then wraps it up very well and freezes. It goes directly from freezer into the oven and bakes about 30 minutes - tastes just like it was just baked.
I did manage to do a little paper shopping on the way to and from. Surprise, surprise - on Sunday just as I was checking out in walks an online friend who I have gotten to know in person - she lives in Dubuque and they were in Madison shopping. So, of course, I had to stay and shop with her - well I spent $30 - more than I spent the first trip through. She is such an enabler.
I needed to make my card for Shari for this week so I managed to get that done yesterday. I used some of the new paper I bought. For a cardmaker, I have found that the 6 x 6 pads are wonderful - I do wish more companies would do that - I found two Sassafras 6 x 6 pads - fun paper in fun colors. Monstrosity and Sweet Marmalade
The card is based on the weekly sketch at Get Sketchy - #9. I hope you enjoy my interpretation of the design.
Stamp - DRS colored with Copics
Rub on - Melissa Frances
Everyone have an enjoyable evening.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

91??!!! Tell you mother that I said happy belated birthday!!!

Super cute...love the sassy paper!!

Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

Audrey said...

love love love the monkeys!!!

Angèle said...

It is such a happy card!
Thanks for playing with GS!

Dora said...

What a cute and lovely take on the sketch, really pretty!
thnx for playing

Elise said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet mom and congratulations to you and your fantastic card! Great coloring job - those monkeys are priceless!