Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Week End Gone

Another week end is gone and of course I did not accomplish enough. I did manage to buy a new dining room set - I am excited - I think the set I have is over 30 years old - out with the old - this new set is so bright and cheery looking. It will be delivered next Saturday and on Saturday I am having my new bathroom light and new towel fixtures installed and the curtain rod hung in the bedroom - yeah - closer to getting things back to normal. I think I may need to buy a new sink fixture to match everything - have to talk to my friend the plumber about this.

I did get one card finished this week end - I do want to play a little tonight. This card is for my friend Shari who is battling breast cancer. The chemo has worked so now she can have the breast removed. I hope she will like the card and message of encouragement.

It is based on the weekly sketch at Get Sketchy. I moved the trim to the other side (my bow). I guess I added an additional layer in there with my image.

Paper - Basic Grey - yummy colors in this new fall collection
Cardbase - Bazzill Cardstock
Stamp - American Art Stamp
Ink - Colorbox Chalk Ink
Ribbon Offray

4 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Oh my--- I love your stamp. :) I love American Art Stamps- can't get enough.

~amy~ said...

Such a fabbie card...your friend will love it! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

Colleen said...

Love it! those Emerson stamps are great. So glad things are going well for your friend!

Dora said...

Stunning take on the sketch!