Sunday, May 3, 2009

Queen Bee



Queen Bee - we have one in our family - she is my 90 year old Mom - and she goes by Bea - real name is Molly Beatrice - then there is my sister Bonnie Bee - my daughter Carrie Bea - and last but not least my great niece Elaina Bea. Needless to say I have a large collection of Bee stuff - you may see more in my Mother Day cards.
This card is based on two challenges - the first one is to create a Mother's Day card on Creative Corner. The card is based on the sketch at Card Patterns - CPS #13.
The card is made with paper from Cosmo Cricket - Girl Friday. The dimensional chipboard is also from the same line. I used my Fiskars border punch and Stickles on the Bees. I inked the edge of the chipboard.
Everyone enjoy the remainder of your day - I need to get outside and enjoy some sunshine - need to see how the weeds are growing in my flower garden.

6 comments:

whoistracy said...

Adorable! I love how you flipped the sketch on its side. And the colors and patterns here are wonderful.

Thanks for playing along with us!

Marie said...

Great card - love what you did with the sketch to make it your own. Nicely done. Thanks for joining us!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cute. I used that same paper on my sketch card. great minds think alike!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a cute Queen Bee card!

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Hahaha, so many queen bees huh?!
Love this card, the stitching, the papers, the bee and the details you did with it. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Robin said...

Bee-utiful! LOL Sorry...couldn't resist! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!