Monday, March 10, 2008

Just Chicken In


Just Chicken in - sometimes I crack myself up - wasn't that an eggcellent play on words. OK - I am sorry - I will quit my attempt at humor.
Another evening of staring at paper - I should just stamp some images and color at night. I think I might be able to handle that. I had the cutest paper - still have it - and it did not talk to me.
The weather - it is suppose to be in the 40's the next two days - doesn't that sound wonderful - well maybe not to everyone - but to us Wisconsin people - this is almost summer with 20 inches of snow still on the ground.
I stamped the chickens and couldn't figure out how to color them and then I found this patterned paper and from there - I knew how to color the chickens. This is my first card with the chickens - I have two more colored images - stay tuned - they may just hatch. Not sure I am totally satisfied with the card.
Stamp Gina K Designs
Ink Memories Artprint Brown by Stewart Superior
Watercolor Paper
Twinkling H2O's for the coloring
Bazzill Cardstock
Patterned Paper My Mind's Eye
I did some machine stitching and then I did some paper piercing - but I did it the easy way - an unthreaded sewing machine. Added a button and a brad. Of course - all the paper was inked with my favorite ink - ColorBox Chalk - Chestnut Roan. Love that ink. When ink is on sale at Hobby Lobby - I will pick up another pad if they have it in stock.
Thanks for stopping by and chickin out my blog.

3 comments:

scrappinpeg said...

Love your little cute chicks. I've never tried this color ink before. Will have to look for some at HL next time they run some on sale! TFS.... Peggy

Lisa said...

Those are tooooo cute chicks!! Love the colors too.

Anonymous said...

Cute layout and I love the way you colored the chickens!