Monday, October 4, 2021

Happy Little Stamper's October Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always anything goes but there is an extra creative spark if you wish to use it.

This month the extra creative spark is Joy.  When I looked in my Christmas supplies, I was surprised at how many "joys" I had to choose from.


For my card this month, I am using the Joy die cuts from a card kit from My Favorite Things.  I do not know what year it is from but it sure is cute and very easy to use.

I first did a little ink smooshing to my background.  White backgrounds bother me so I always add a little color in some way and ink smooshing is one of my favorite ways to do it.  I die cut the word Joy from the ink smooshed background which I had die cut with a rectangle die.  I used a pretty plaid which had the same blue in it as my background and mat.  The letters and snowman are layered to give them a little height.  I believe there are three layers on each letter.

After I had completed the card I wanted to add some sparkle to it.  I splattered two different whites on the background.  The first splatters was Dina Wakely's Glossy spray acrylics and the second splatters were a silver from Tattered Angels.

I have two more cards on the design table but in different colors.  


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful soft smooshed background and the splatters finish it off, super way to use the joy die cuts and of course I love the plaid. adorable snowman head in place of the 0. great card and I get the shivers when I see WHITE space.

JulieP said...

This is adorable. Love the snowman and the plaid!