Friday, October 15, 2021

Birthday Butterfly

I have been working on my "birthday project" this last year.  I want to make birthday cards for all the residents at the nursing home where my Mom resided at the end of her life.  They took such good care of her and I want to do something special for the residents.  I need to call and find out approximately number of residents and approximate number of male and females.

For my card today I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  

For my card I used a butterfly from a stamp set by My Favorite Things.  One day I just stamped the butterflies in many different color combinations so I can just grab one or two to use on a card.  I also went to my box of backgrounds and found this lovely pink background.  I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of the same background paper, and added a strip of black cardstock to the sentiment banner.  The small black and white circle was cut from My Favorite Things paper.  They have a black and white dot collection and also a black striped collection of paper.  I think they are must haves in your card making supplies.  The butterfly was added with foam to give it a little dimension.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  


2 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful butterfly. I love him on that background with the bit of black and white to ground him. And such a wonderful thing you are doing with the birthday cards! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a pretty card! This butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!