Thursday, October 14, 2021

Happy Birthday Sunflowers

 October has many birthdays with my family and friends.  I was smart this time and made the same card twice to help myself out in creating.

I was gifted a lovely sunflower stamp by a friend.  The stamp is from Unity Stamps.  She knows I love to create with sunflowers.  

I first added some light color to my background (watercolor paper) with some ink smooshing.  I then placed my stamp in my misty and started layering different colors to get the look I wanted. (I do wish I would have used brighter colors of inks rather than the oxide inks.  I added some gold splatter.

I decided to make the card into a flat shaker card.  I dug in my box of beads, sequins, etc looking for anything looking for golds, yellows, orange and browns.  I came up with a good assortment.  I like how festive it makes your card feel.  Luckily it is going in a package so I don't have to worry about the post office destroying it.  


Here is the card laying flat so you can see the shaker bits scattered over the top of the card.


I am entering the card into the current challenge at The Sisters of Crafters where the current challenge is Happy Birthday.  I think I nailed the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful shaker card!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun and beautiful birthday card! Yep, you nailed it alright!! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!