Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Happy Little Stampers October Stencil Challenge

 It is time to get out your stencils and play along with the October Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always "anything goes".

I am working away on my Christmas cards so dug out a stencil I had to have several years ago and decided to use it.


The first layer of color added  through the stencil was watercolor.  After I had added it, I then took my water sprayer and sprayed the image.  This way the colors run and gives you a background for your stenciled image.  I came back in after it was dry and used my Inkintense pencils to add the detail of the bough and pine cone on top of the watercolor background.

The image is matted with gold on a kraft card base.  The sentiment was cut from gold and dark brown card stock and added to the front of the card.  The gold is slightly offset to allow the dark brown to show through also.  Gold splatters were added to finish off the card.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Stencil Challenge where Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the stencil you used -- very awesome card.