Sunday, January 7, 2024

Time to Start 2024 Christmas Cards

 Yes, before you know it, it will be time to mail out 2024 Christmas cards.  I need over 100 cards so I need to get started early.  Luckily there are challenge blogs that help you jumpstart your creativity.

This week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown the challenge is a sketch.  


This is a great sketch.  My goal for the year is to make flat, bendable cards to save on postage when I mail my cards in December.  Postage is going up two cents in a couple weeks so it all adds up very fast.

This is a paper pad I have had for several years and the poinsettia was already fussy cut from some of the paper so it was an easy card to put together.  The hardest part was picking out the background paper.  The sentiment was even in the paper pad.  I added a strip of gold paper to coordinate with the gold lines in the flower and the background.  The sentiment and flower were popped up with foam tape.  Gold splatters completed the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take my sketch!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️